Welcome to the Excellence Gateway’s offender learning exhibition site
This site brings together some of the most effective materials available on the Excellence Gateway, as well as brand new material that will be of interest to you as teachers/ instructors, managers and leaders across the offender learning sector.
Resources are grouped under the key themes that you as sector providers have identified:
- Working in offender learning
- Teaching and learning
- Leadership and management
- Employers and employability
Our aim is to work together with you and our team of sector experts to spread effective practice and improve learning delivery across the sector.
A good starting point would be:
Seizing the moment: find out about Ofsted's recommendations following their inspection of prisons. Watch the video of Matthew Coffey's speech and then view the related materials.
Matthew Coffey, National Director, Further Education and Skills, Ofsted, at The Chapel, Wormwood Scrubs on the 10 October 2013.
Resources to support teaching and learning including assessment, motivating learners, teaching and training in the classroom and workshops.
This section includes information about our offender learning leadership and management toolkit and our leadership register.
- Offender learning management development ebook
- Offender learning - a career of choice
- Reducing reoffending research report
- Supporting communication - practical techniques for vocational trainers
- Distance learning and Open University learner journey
- Maths and English levels chart
- Exploring active learning and peer mentoring for maths videos
- Unlocking maths guide for the secure estate